Modern Machine Shop, Peter Zelinski, August 2019
1. AI is not new, but it is current now because of large data sets and the power to process them.
2. In manufacturing, AI generally refers to machine learning and the current mainstream is deep learning.
3. Just the terminology is tough.
4. A weakness of machine learning is its lack of explanatory power.
5. AI reveals the importance and true nature of metrology.
6. With AI, we will discover cause-and-effect relationships we have never seen before.
7. AI allows experiments that would not otherwise be possible.
8. Big organizations have an advantage.
9. AI is an alternative to tribal knowledge.
10. Basic infrastructure is still needed.